Well, it took forever....over a year! But, it's finally DONE. As you all know, I was sidelined with a broken shoulder, and still can't sew for more than a short period of time. I set a timer, and did the machine quilting in 1/2 hour intervals. Slow and steady still gets it done!
Below you can see the closeups of the quilting. I did the first block heavily quilted, so I had to follow suit with the rest of them. I used clear monofilament thread on the top, so that the quilting indentations would show, rather than the thread color. I am happy with it, and glad it is done!
If you have started this quilt, and gotten dicouraged along the way, i hope these pics give you some encouragement to finish! I changed the lighthouse block to the nantucket lighthouse, to make it personal for me.